Soakster has a licensed status as an Approved Activity Provider for the DofE skills section. This course is 12 weeks long and you can complete it for either the Bronze or Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Skills section.
This DofE skills course will teach you how to make bubble bars. You do not need any previous experience as we designed it for complete beginners.
The DofE skills course includes recipes and full instructions to make 5 different products. In addition the are 3 freestyle weeks where you will use the skills you have learnt to design your own bubble bars. The remainder of the course covers the importance of safety, labelling and full information about the ingredients.
What this course covers
- You will learn a new practical skill
- The bubble bars rolls are challenging – you will learn to develop your patience, problem solving and persistence
- The course covers the science of bubble bars
- We provide templates for you to complete each week. These help you evaluate your progress
- By the end of the course you will have the necessary skills to make amazing gifts for your friends and family
- The course content is written by a member of the Guild of Soap & Toiletry Makers.
Included in the price
- Illustrated instructions
- Troubleshooting guide
- Equipment & ingredients list
- Recommended suppliers list
- Weekly progress template
- Email Support
- End of course online test
- Assessors report
You will need to buy ingredients to complete the course. There is also a page on our website, which provides links to all of the ingredients – so you can buy exactly what you need to get started.
The course is easy to follow and contains illustrations & photos to show you each step of every recipe. We are available for email support throughout the 12 weeks.
The download is in PDF format so you can just work from the screen. This is a digital download. When you have paid, you will received a link to download the ebook.
At the end, you will be sent a link to your online assessment. It is based only on the course content and consists of 15 multiple choice questions.
Product listing for the course
- Basic bubble bars
- Bubble bars using moulds, cutters, ice cream scoops or cookie press
- 2 colour hand shaped bubble bars
- Basic single colour bubble bar log (for slicing)
- Basic single colour bubble bar log with glitter (for slicing)
- 2 colour swirl bubble bar log (for slicing)
BEFORE PURCHASING THIS COURSE - PLEASE CHECK AVAILABILITY OF SLSA (SODIUM LAURYL SULPHOACETATE) AS THERE HAS BEEN A EUROPEAN SHORTAGE IN 2022. WE ARE CURRENTLY BUYING FROM SOAPOSH.
The regulations for the assessment of cosmetic products exist to protect the people who use the product (consumers). All bubble bars fall into the category of cosmetics and under EU regulation, have to be assessed by a professional person, with qualifications in toxicology, before they can be sold.
You can't sell any products you make on this course, but you can gift them to family & friends.