Soakster has a licensed status as a Skills Approved Activity Provider for the DofE, so this course can be completed for your Bronze/Silver Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Skills section.
This course is designed specifically for those looking to acquire a new skill over a 12 week period, whilst having fun. It is aimed at complete beginners and includes both recipes and full instructions to make 9 products. The remainder of the course covers the importance of safety, labelling and other aspects which are relevant.
What this course covers:
- You will learn a new practical skill which we hope will become a personal interest!
- Some of the more advanced bath bombs are challenging – you will learn to develop your patience, problem solving and persistence.
- The course touches briefly on the science of bath bombs too – so it’s educational
- We will provide templates for you to complete each week to accompany your photos, so you can monitor your own progress as you work through the course.
- By the end of the course you will have the necessary skills to make wonderful gifts for all your friends and family
- All course content is written by a member of the Guild of Soap & Toiletry Makers.
What is included in the price?
- Illustrated instructions
- Troubleshooting guide
- Equipment & ingredients list
- Recommended suppliers list
- Weekly progress template
- Email Support
- End of course assessment
You will need to buy ingredients to complete the course. The course is easy to follow and contains illustrations & photos at every point to show you each step of the recipe. We are also available for email support throughout the 12 weeks (and after if you decide to continue making bath bombs & soaps). The download is in PDF format, so you do not need to print it out if you do not want to, you can just work from the screen.
At the end, you will be sent a link to your online assessment. It is based only on the course content and consists of multiple choice questions.
Product listing for the course:
Bar of soap
Bar of soap with embeds (either soap shapes or erasers)
Basic bath fizzies
Simple bath bombs
Bath bombs with multiple colours & designs
Bath bombs with glitter/petals/flower buds
Mini bath melts
The regulations for the assessment of cosmetic products exist to protect the people who use the product (consumers). All bath bombs, soaps & scrubs fall into the category of cosmetics and under EU regulation, have to be assessed by a professional person, with qualifications in toxicology, before they can be sold.
This means that what you make during the course can be used by you or gifted to friends - but you can not sell any items.
Our DofE Ingredients page provides useful links to some of the ingredients & hardware required.